Australia Day honours 2014
Officer of the Order of Australia (AO)
Peter Muller AO, Fellowship Diploma in Architecture
AO for distinguished service to architecture, to the adaptation and preservation of Indigenous design and construction, and to the integration of the built and environmental landscape.
Member of the Order of Australia (AM)
Emeritus Professor Andrew Gilbert AM, Bachelor of Pharmacy
AM for significant service to pharmacy as an educator, researcher and administrator, and to professional organisations.
Michael Hewitson AM, Graduate Diploma in Teaching
AM for significant service to education, to the Anglican Church in Australia, and to the community of Unley.
Kieran Modra AM, Bachelor of Applied Science (Recreation Planning & Management)
AM for significant service to sport as an athlete representing Australia at Paralympic Games, and to the people who are blind or have low vision.
Carolyn Palmer AM, Bachelor of Education
AM for significant service to the community, particularly to people who are blind or have low vision.
Medal of the Order of Australia (OAM)
Nicholas Dean OAM, Graduate Diploma in Property
OAM for service to sport, particularly athletes with a disability.
Virginia Hall OAM, Bachelor of Arts in Social Work
OAM for service to the community of Townsville through a range of volunteer organisations.
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College