Digital learning at UniSA
The Digital Learning Strategy builds on UniSA’s long tradition of delivering degrees online and via distance. In 2014 more than 40% of UniSA students completed some or all of their degree online. This flexibility to study on campus and online is something our students value immensely.
In 2009 we launched our Personal Learning Environment which incorporates learnonline; an integrated suite of tools that support teaching and learning at UniSA. Every UniSA course has a dedicated learnonline website, through which students interact with other students and staff, and have access to lecture recordings, virtual classrooms, ePortfolios, and more. Through our Strategy we will continue to extend the capabilities of learnonline to allow ongoing innovation in our teaching practices and learning resources and to respond to the needs of staff and students.
Our teaching spaces are becoming more collaborative. The state-of-the-art Jeffrey Smart Building, which opened in 2014, combines digitally enabled teaching and study spaces with student learning and support services; a model that is being replicated across all of our campuses. We also have a vast array of specialised laboratories, clinics, workshops and studios that draw on cutting-edge digital technologies to provide unique experiential learning opportunities for our students and facilitate staff-student engagement.
UniSA staff can view examples of innovative teaching practices through the UniSA learnonline showcase.
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College