(Note: Horizon 2020 was released in 2010. See Crossing the Horizon for the latest development of our strategic plan.)
Since its foundation in 1991, UniSA has earned a reputation for innovation, adaptability and smart planning. Part of our ethos has always been to make a difference in the wider world by contributing to local, national and global communities through our research and innovation and through the education of quality graduates ready to make their mark.
In 2008 UniSA established a revised Vision, Mission and Values statement and introduced New Horizons - an outline of our aspirations for our people and our performance.
That work has been fruitful. It has guided stronger success and delivered fresh confidence in how much UniSA can achieve. That confidence has been reinforced by tangible improvements, including a positive 2009 Australian University Quality Agency audit and many individual and group achievements across all divisions of the university in teaching, research and community engagement.
In 2010, UniSA finalised an ambitious ten-year plan to guide our growth and development.
Horizon 2020 defines our aspirations for the future. It was shaped within the university community and reflects our ambition, commitment to quality and our passion to deliver. More than 1000 staff, students and alumni contributed to the plan and it rightly reflects their confidence and aspirations for the university.
Horizon 2020 is a bold statement of an enduring commitment from the entire university community to build cohesive and sustainable societies. We can be proud of that passion to make a difference.
On the horizon
New Campus Masterplan
Find out more about the UniSA Campus Masterplan. Also view the media release here.
Find out more about the College.
Download copy and order
If you'd like your very own copy of the Horizon 2020 publication, contact us.
In the media
View the Horizon 2020 media release.
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College