Expressions of interest to be submitted by Friday 2nd June
If you are interested in studying overseas whilst contributing to developing Australia’s relationship with the Indo Pacific region, the New Colombo Plan could be for you.
The Australian Government has announced funding of $100 million over five years for the New Colombo Plan which aims to lift knowledge of the Indo Pacific in Australia and strengthen people-to-people and institutional relationships through study and internships undertaken by undergraduate students in the region.
The 2018 study destinations are: Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Burma, Cambodia, China, Cook Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, French Polynesia, India, Indonesia, Hong Kong SAR, Japan, Kiribati, Laos, Malaysia, Maldives, Marshall Islands, Mongolia, Nauru, Nepal, New Caledonia, Niue, Pakistan, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Samoa, Singapore, Solomon Islands, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu and Vietnam.
Benefits of the 2018 Scholarships and Mobility Grants program:
- Receive a mobility grant to study overseas in either a short term (internship, study tour, volunteer placement, etc.) or full semester exchange program
- Win one of 100 prestigious high achievers' scholarships
- Invaluable opportunity to work with leading academics and organisations in your field of expertise
- Expand your knowledge of the Indo Pacific region
- Contribute to the Australian Government’s strategy to strengthen our ties with our neighbours
- Receive credit towards your degree for your overseas studies.
For more information please visit the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade website.
To be eligible for the Scholarship or the Mobility Grant you must be:
- An Australian citizen
- Aged 18 - 28
- Enrolled as an undergraduate student in at least second year or Honours at commencement of the program