The Centre has established a number of partnerships around the Asia-Pacific with universities, arts centres and arts and cultural institutes with a view to developing collaborative research projects to enhance the body of knowledge that will support the development of expertise in arts and cultural leadership and management in the Asia-Pacific region. Regular research workshops and international symposia will be organised through the Centre to demonstrate the cutting-edge research outcomes in the region. In addition, regular official, artistic and scholarly exchange visits will be arranged among affiliate members within the region to enhance the collaboration, identify new opportunities and build a wider network.
Examples of previous and current research projects include:
- Audience study of the Hong Kong Arts Festival;
- Audience studies of the Adelaide Festival Centre’s Cabaret, OzAsia and Guitar Festivals;
- Arts and cultural workers in the informal economy in the Asia-Pacific region;
- The role of artists and creative practice in organisational innovation;
- Music and cities: how place and space influence music creation and performance.