Building partnerships for the future
As a globally-focused institution, we are committed to building enduring and mutually beneficial relationships with our alumni and partners around the world.
We currently have major partnerships with University College London with whom we have created UniSA’s Future Industries Institute to build knowledge and capacity in core future industries; with education institutions and government in Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Singapore, Vietnam, Hong Kong, India, Europe and the United States of America. Our partnerships in China include Joint Centre research partnership agreements with Tianjin, Shandong, Beijing Normal and Central Southern Universities as well as agreements with Shanghai Jiaotong University. UniSA is also partnering with Chinese pharmaceutical companies to develop and produce innovative drugs.
The University of South Australia recently became the first university in Australia to establish a new joint College with a Chinese university partner.
In conjunction with Xi’an University of Architecture and Technology (XAUAT), one of China’s highest ranked universities for civil engineering, the partnership will offer six programs (four at Bachelor and two at Master level) in engineering and IT. The new programs will be offered through the new XAUAT UniSA AnDe1 College, located in Xi’an China, and supported by UniSA’s Division of Information Technology, Engineering and the Environment.
UniSA and leading defence systems company, Saab Australia are also partnering to establish the new Saab Australia-UniSA Defence Technologies Institute.
The new Institute will provide a key education and research pipeline for highly skilled systems engineers as new defence industry projects come on-line.
The University of South Australia is Australia's University of Enterprise.
Our relationships with institutions around the world.
Learn about our New Colombo Plan opportunities.
We have partnerships and agreements in over 30 countries.
We have more than 202,000 alumni living in more than 134 countries.
Find out about the University's Joint Centres.
Meet our Exchange students
Study overseas overview
Discover the value of going overseas and get set for your own adventure.
Short term opportunities
Meet some of the UniSA students who participated in an exchange as part of their studies.Watch Video
Partners at a glance
We have partnerships and agreements in over 30 countries. Agreements include memoranda of understanding, student exchange, study abroad and offshore programs.
Need further information about International Relations? Our International team would love to help you.
Find out more about our global opportunities including how to apply here.
Global Strategy Essentials
These pages are password protected. Staff only access.
Areas of study and research
- Health Research
- Alliance for Research in Exercise, Nutrition and Activity (ARENA)
- Centre for Cancer Biology
- Centre for Drug Discovery and Development
- Centre for Population Health Research
- Centre of Research Excellence for the Prevention of Chronic Conditions in Rural and Remote High Risk Populations
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence
- Medicine and Device Surveillance CRE
- Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre
and Social Sciences
- Art, Architecture and Design
- Communication, International Studies and Languages
- Psychology, Social Work and Social Policy
- Hawke Research Institute
- Asia Pacific Centre for Work Health and Safety
- Australian Centre for Child Protection
- Barbara Hardy Institute
- Centre for Research in Education
- Hawke EU Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence
- Centre for Islamic Thought and Education
- International Centre for Muslim and non-Muslim Understanding
- Research Centre for Languages and Cultures
- Zero Waste SA Research Centre for Sustainable Design and Behaviour (sd+b)
IT, Engineering and
- Future Industries Institute
- UniSA College