Academics at UniSA engage in interdisciplinary teams to translate their research into meaningful outcomes.
The University’s research themes contribute to a research environment that is vibrant, responsive and outward-facing. They link our research strengths and address local and global socio-economic needs.
The research themes are:
- An age-friendly world. Unlocking human potential across the community through intergenerational approaches;
- Transforming industries. Enhancing Australia’s competitiveness through innovation and partnership;
- Cancer. Taking on one of the world’s greatest health challenges with the aim of improving prevention, diagnosis, treatment and patient care;
- Transforming societies. Transforming societies through global citizenship;
- Healthy futures. Understanding, treatment and prevention of chronic diseases; and
- Scarce resources. Developing safe and sustainable practices for managing the world’s finite resources – living within limits.
Our flagship institutes and strategic alliances
Our research concentrations
Driving equity and diversity across the University
UniSA is deeply committed to developing a workforce that is diverse and in which talented people thrive. We continually seek ideas and learning from other creative organisations that we can build on to attract and develop highly motivated and creative people who together foster a culture of enterprise.
We've committed to improving the diversity of our people right across our University, encompassing all disciplines and teams. We've chosen to actively participate in the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Pilot of Athena SWAN to create the momentum and drive the change. The pilot aims to apply the Athena SWAN Charter, a successful evaluation and accreditation framework from the United Kingdom, to promote gender equity and diversity in science, technology, engineering, mathematics and medicine (STEMM) in Australia.
Whilst SAGE has primarily focussed on the STEMM disciplines, at UniSA we are taking a whole of University approach, reflecting our enterprise mindset and our commitment to developing the diversity of all our people.